ZTrak Mowers are designed around a heavy-duty formed and welded steel frame for strength and reliability.
Large front caster wheels and large rear drive wheels provide several operator benefits:
The operator platform is roomy and uncluttered for maximum comfort, and the controls are convenient to use:
- Easy to get on and off the mower
- Ample legroom for comfortable operation
- Adjustable motion-control levers for height and position, enabling the operator to stay comfortable while using them
- Color-coded and logically placed controls
Key engine features include:
- 24 hp (17.9 kW) provides plenty of power.
- Large 44.3 cu in. (726-cc) displacement provides plenty of torque.
- V-twin air-cooled design is efficient.
- Excellent power and performance
- Smooth, quiet power
- Easy starts
- Engine model FS730V
- Many quality features are included.
- Cast-iron cylinder liners provide a long-wearing surface for longer engine life.
- Overhead valves allow the engine to breathe easily for excellent power and fuel economy.
- Full-pressure lubrication is more effective.
- Replaceable oil filter keeps the oil cleaner for longer engine life.
- Dual-stage air cleaner thoroughly cleans engine intake air.
- Electronic ignition contributes to fast starts.
- Solenoid-shift starter for easy starts, even in cold weather.
- Rear engine guard protects the engine and provides additional vehicle strength and integrity.
- A flywheel alternator provides plenty of capacity to quickly recharge the battery and power electrical equipment, such as lights or a sprayer.
- 20-amp capacity
- Regulated to keep the battery at a full charge, without risk of overcharging
The operator station is designed for operator comfort and convenience in operating all controls:
- Excellent visibility forward and to the trim side of the deck makes operation easy and comfortable for the operator.
- Controls are color coded for easy identification.
- Twin-lever motion-control levers adjust, using cut-height pin/socket, for convenience and operator comfort.
- Shock absorbers dampen control movements to give smooth operation.
Comfortable seats with two suspension springs and no-tools fore-aft seat adjustment, that can be used by the operator while seated:
- Z540R – High-back, 20-in. (50.8-cm) seat with adjustable armrests and 4.5-in. (11.4-cm) fore-aft adjustment
Two steel springs under the seat absorb shocks when traveling over rougher areas to provide a smoother ride.
The commercial-style steel footrest flips up to provide easy access for servicing the mower deck:
- Easy to clean grass off the top of the mower
- Provides convenient access to the mower drive
The motion-control levers can be adjusted to three different height settings and fifteen different fore-aft settings:
- Increased operator comfort
- Can adjust for the most precise control of the machine
A standard shock absorber for the motion-control levers makes it easy and comfortable to maneuver the ZTrak™ Mowers:
- Shock absorber modulates the movement of the control levers for smoother operation.
- Operator can smoothly and precisely control the machine.
Cut-height pin doubles as tracking adjustment tool
Tracking adjustment from the operator seat is quick and easy. A cut-height pin provides an easy method to adjust the motion-control levers:
The operator control panel is conveniently located and easy to use.
The instruments and controls are as follows:
- Hour meter
- Ignition switch
- Power take-off (PTO) control
- Engine speed control
- Engine choke control
The park brake is conveniently located:
- Large lever is easy to use.
- Park brake effectively holds the machine in the parked position.
- Park brake must be engaged (in the upper position) to start the engine.
- Once the engine is started, the park brake must be disengaged before operating the motion-control levers.
Mower deck lift/cut-height adjustment
The Z535R and Z540R include a foot-lift pedal along with the hand-lift lever to make raising the mower deck easier. The foot-lift pedal also provides a convenient way to temporarily raise the mower deck over an obstruction while mowing:
- Mower deck cutting height adjusts from 1 in. (2.5 cm) to 4 in. (10.2 cm) in 0.25-in. (0.64-cm) increments for optimum cut quality and performance.
- Mower deck adjustment has built-in memory so the operator can easily return to the desired cutting height.
- Foot pedal provides easy lifting of the deck.